Although Bacterial vaginosis is more of a common case than one may think, many women still aren’t quite sure what it is, what the symptoms are, and how to properly treat it. As the vagina has a normally acidic environment that helps prevent the growth of bad bacteria, if the pH balance becomes less acidic, this could quickly and easily affect the state of health in which your vagina is in. As there are various factors that affect your pH level such as your period, taking antibiotics, over washing or having unprotected sexual intercourse, the imbalance of your pH can be accompanied by the overgrowth of anaerobic organisms that replace the healthy bacteria - this causes BV.
A few of the most common symptoms that BV can be discovered by may include a fishy or unpleasant odor, watery discharge, grey/white colored discharge and all of the above growing worse after sexual intercourse or during your period. Although these are the most common, every woman’s body is different, therefore some with BV may not suffer any symptoms.
A few of the main causes of bacterial vaginosis may include:
- Prolonged use of hormonal contraceptives (while taking hormonal preparations, the substances necessary for the production of lactic acid are much lower, it weakens the optimum balance of the vagina.)
- The use of antibiotics (during treatment the number of lactobacilli significantly decreases, vaginal pH value increases, which leads to weakened protection.)
- Inflammation of the genital organs
- Perfumed soaps, shower gels, chemicalized bath products
- Washing undergarments with strongly scented and chemicalized laundry products
The most efficient and effective way to treat BV is with Gyntima Probiotica, as it relieves discomforts such as unpleasant odor and abnormal discharge caused by BV. It restricts the growth of bad bacteria and supports the growth of good bacteria. The composition of Probiotica is enriched with sage extract, which has an anti-mycotic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and moisturizing effect. With its 10 day treatment, you’ll start to feel and see your symptoms smooth out within only 2-3 days.
For the best possible prevention against BV:
- Avoid using deodorants or other aggressively scented products in and around your vaginal area
- Avoid over washing
- Avoid using strongly scented washing detergent
- Be conscious about changing pads and tampons frequently
- Dry your vaginal area after being exposed to water, sweat or any other fluids
Always change into dry underwear after exposure to water, sweat or any other fluids.
As early prevention is always extremely important, applying Gyntima Probiotica suppositories twice a week can have many positive long term effects which not only helps prevent the BV infection but overall keeps a healthy balance within your vagina.